Fishing rules Stjørdalsvassdraget
For the season 2021, the following fishing rules apply
• Before you can get an opportunity to start fishing, you must solve the "Stjørdalskortet".
• The fishing rules are limited
to the anadromous part of the Stjørdalsvassdraget
• Fishing in the Stjørdals River, Forra and Sona is permitted from 1 June at. 00 a.m. to Aug. 31, 7 p.m. 24. 00
• Only fishing with lures, spins, wobblers, field and fly is
• The use of trout is only allowed in field fishing
• When fishing with a dip, it should float.
• When fishing with fly, the throw weight must be in the fly string or dip.
• Females over 3 kg are preserved in
August and should be put back into the river.
• Field fishing is prohibited in August.
• Sea trout are protected and should be put back into the river.
• In Fersoset and Sonoset and 100 m downstream, from August 1, only fishing
and fishing with
light fly gear.
• The fishing rules can be changed after the mid-season evaluation in mid-July or by
exceptional weather conditions.
Bag limit (daily allowance)
• The quota applies to the individual fisherman
and cannot be transferred to others.
• Fish that are released are not counted in the quota.
• The daily quota is 1 salmon in June, July and August.
• There is a seasonal quota of 6 salmon, of which 3 salmon over 65 cm. (about
• Once the quota has been caught, fishing must be completed until the new fishing day / season starts.
• All catches must be reported on the salmon stock within 24 hours of full name and relevance
• Exposed fish should be reported as S-large, M-medium, L-small to the salmon stock exchange.
• Grease-cut salmon should be reported to the salmon exchange.
• Farmed fish should be sacrificed
and displayed on the salmon stock exchange, then the quota is not counted.
• Day cards are one day, otherwise 24 hours are changed.
• Shellfish samples of all dead fish must be provided.
Fighting fish diseases
• It is only
allowed to fish with land that comes from the Stjørdalsvassdraget, or is
produced in plants approved by the Food Authority in Norway.
• Tools that have been used outside the watercourse must be disinfected before use.
Violation of the rules is punishable, cf. Act on salmon and inland fish. Violation can
bring a fee or possibly police report. Fishing cannot be resumed until a fee has been added
paid. Fee for violation of applicable fishing regulations is NOK.
In addition to fees, fishermen who are caught for violating the fishing rules may be expelled
the current and subsequent season from the Stjørdalselva river. The owner / landlord / card seller is obliged to
inform about the current
regulations in the river, and to check whether the fisherman has resolved
Fishing fee and have valid disinfection certificate.
Mvh Stjørdalsvassdragets Elveeierlag